Unlocking the Power of Arginine: How It Works and Why It's Essential
BY Now Foods
Essential amino acid
Arginine is classified as a conditionally essential amino acid. In certain stressful situations, such as illness or injury, the body requires higher levels of these amino acids from the diet.
Since exercise is basically controlled injury of your muscle tissue, you can see how an arginine supplement can benefit exercise recovery.*
How arginine works & why it’s necessary
- Arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide (NO), a molecule that helps to open up blood vessels, which increases the flow of blood to muscular tissues.*
- Because nitric oxide is an important component of the endothelium, which is the layer of cells that lines the interior of our blood vessels, arginine may help to support healthy circulatory function.*
- Arginine plays an essential role in the maintenance of proper nitrogen balance through its participation in the metabolism of ammonia and excretion of urea.*
- Arginine supports normal liver detoxification processes, helping your body eliminate toxic materials and supporting overall metabolic health.*
- This important amino acid also supports healthy immune system function.*
Arginine for pre-workout supplementation
Active individuals and athletes may want to supplement with arginine pre-workout. Arginine supports protein metabolism and is heavily involved in muscle metabolism through its role in the maintenance of a proper nitrogen balance.*
NOW® Sports Arginine products are available in a variety of potencies to use before and after workouts as part of a supplement nutrition stack. Choose between easy to swallow capsules or easy to mix powders to add to smoothies, water, and sports drinks.
All NOW® Sports products are tested in our state-of-the-art, world-class laboratories, so you can rest assured you’re always getting sports nutrition products that are safe, potent and highly efficacious.
The majority of NOW® Sports supplements proudly feature the Informed-Sport seal, guaranteeing that each and every production run of these products are tested for banned substances by LGC, a globally recognized assurance program for anti-doping in sports nutrition products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.