Life Extension - L-LYSINE 620 MG 100 Vcaps
Lysine, a building block for protein, is an essential amino acid, which means it is not produced by our bodies. Therefore, it has to be obtained through our diet. Lysine helps encourage a healthy stress response and helps inhibit glycation, which can play a role in a variety of age-related factors.
Among its potential health benefits, lysine supplementation has been shown to increase calcium absorption and retention.
- Supports healthy nitrogen balance
- Promotes healthy calcium metabolism
- Encourages a healthy stress response
- Helps inhibit glycation
Most people consume adequate amounts of lysine, but vegan diets need to include beans and lentils in order to provide get enough.1 Athletes involved in frequent vigorous exercise have an increased need for essential amino acids, and vegan athletes face the greatest challenge in getting the right balance and amounts of dietary amino acids.1
Lysine supplementation has been shown to support healthy calcium metabolism, which may impact bone and vascular health.2-4 Additionally, its protective effects against glycation have been demonstrated specifically in the eye’s lens.5-8
Lysine works with other essential amino acids to maintain growth, lean body mass and the body’s store of nitrogen. In addition, dietary supplementation with the essential amino acid L-lysine has been shown to encourage a healthy stress response in humans with low dietary intake of L-lysine and, together with arginine, normalize hormonal stress responses in healthy adults.9,10
|Dosage and Use|
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
To report a serious adverse event or obtain product information, contact 1-866-280-2852.