Natural Factors-Ultimate Probiotic Women's Formula 60 VCAP
Women’s Multi Probiotic by Natural Factors is a source of probiotics providing live microorganisms to enhance intestinal, vaginal, and urinary tract flora. It provides antioxidants and prevents recurrent urinary tract infections in women. A guaranteed minimum 12 billion active cells of 10 strains of probiotics are blended with CranRich cranberry concentrate to maintain healthy digestive and urinary systems.
- Concentration per capsule at time of manufacturing: 18 billion active cells
- Large variety of lactobacilli and bifidobacteria strains to better reflect the natural composition of the intestinal and vaginal flora
- Probiotic species selection based on published clinical studies on intestinal and vaginal flora, including the specie Lactobacillus fermentum
- L. fermentum has been more specifically studied for its potency to help restore healthy vaginal flora
- Probiotic strains from human, dairy and vegetable origin are natural inhabitants of women's intestinal and vaginal flora
- Vegetarian capsule and FOS minimize moisture content (moisture is responsible for decrease in active cells during storage)
- CranRich super strength cranberry extract has been shown to prevent urinary tract infections
Natural Factors Women’s Multi Probiotic with CranRich contains 12 billion active cells of ten specially cultured strains of probiotics for small intestine, large intestine, and vaginal health. It contains an additional 250 mg of super strength CranRich cranberry 36:1 concentrate per capsule. The addition of cranberry helps adhere to any unhealthy bacteria in the urinary tract. This formula features L. fermentum and S. thermophillus, two strains of probiotics that are especially beneficial for the vaginal flora.
Friendly bacteria of the intestinal tract are referred to collectively as probiotic, meaning “for life” or “in support of life”, because they are the natural guardians of robust intestinal health and vitality. Friendly or probiotic bacteria toil 24 hours a day, holding at bay and dominating the many pathogenic bacteria, viruses, yeast, and other mi intestinal tract. Given opportunity, the pathogens succeed in colonizing by adhering to the intestinal tract, inflicting disruptions to our intestinal health and throughout the whole body.
The human intestinal tract contains trillions of bacteria in a natural but delicate state of balance between the beneficial probiotic bacteria and their good effects and the pathogenic microorganisms and their adverse effects. Under conditions of high stress or prolonged stress, antibiotic therapy, vacation or business travel, and encounters with food or water-borne pathogens, this natural protective balance can be disrupted, resulting in a decline in the number of beneficial or probiotic bacteria.