Natural Factors-Vitamin D3 5,000 IU 240 SG
Natural Factors Vitamin D3 is carefully blended with organic flaxseed oil delivered in an easy-to-swallow softgel. Vitamin D is called "the sunshine vitamin" because we can usually get it from the sun's ultraviolet rays. People who live far away from the equator may not make enough vitamin D in their skin during long, gloomy winters. This vitamin is essential for bone development and is needed for calcium and vitamin C absorption and supports the nervous system. It plays a dual role as both a vitamin and a hormone. Vitamin D3, which is the same form found in fish oils and eggs, is the form produced by sunlight on human skin. Natural Factors Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is derived from sheep wool lanolin.
Vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus are needed to keep bones strong. Without vitamin D even a diet adequate in calcium will not help because the body needs vitamin D to absorb calcium. People with low vitamin D levels tend to have soft, thin bones, predisposing them to fractures, especially hip fractures. Soft bones also can cause the nagging and unremitting bone pain that many older people suffer from.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health:
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements